At The Barre Code, we are constantly asking you to focus your intentions. At the beginning of each class, at the beginning of each day, at the beginning of each week… it seems like there is no bad time to stop and think about what you want to accomplish. Taking the time to explicitly identify a goal brings you that much closer to reaching it, and setting and reaching short-term goals on a regular basis will lead you to amazing results!
This week, we want you to think about how to incorporate little healthy habits into your everyday life. You guys are all rock stars about coming to class, but what happens when life unavoidably gets in the way, as it’s prone to do? There are so many little decisions you can make on a daily basis to make your life healthier, even if you can’t make it to a class. Here are some examples we came up with…
- Take the stairs! Take them everywhere. Opting for the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator whenever you can is one of those little things that adds up to something big. Get your heart rate up for a few seconds, and get where you are going faster!
- Increase your pace. Maybe you already opt to walk to work or to the store, and that is awesome! Take it up a notch by timing how long it usually takes you get there and make it your goal to shave a minute or two off that time this week.
- Get your greens! It’s hard to eat healthy when you’re busy, so you have to be prepared. Something small like making sure you eat a salad every day (you know, the good kind, with the leafy nutritious greens and not a ton of dressing) will go a long way — your body will thank you for the necessary fuel!
1. Whistle — Flo Rida
2. Want U Back — Cher Lloyd
3. Good Time — Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
4. Part of Me — Katy Perry
5. BURN IT DOWN — Linkin Park
6. Stereo Hearts (feat. Adam Levine) — Gym Class Heroes
7. Blown Away — Carrie Underwood
8. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) — Pink
9. How To Love (Interbeat Remix) — Chani
10. If I Die Young — The Band Perry
11. Take a Little Ride — Jason Aldean
12. We Run the Night (feat. Pitbull) — Havana Brown
13. Hands in the Air (feat. Ne-Yo) — Timbaland
14. Turn Up the Music — Chris Brown
15. Let’s Go (feat. Ne-Yo) — Calvin Harris
16. Lights (Bassnectar Remix) — Ellie Goulding
17. Thinkin Bout You — Frank Ocean
18. Runaways — The Killers
19. Give Me Everything (Handz Up Remix) — Chani
20. Give Your Heart a Break — Demi Lovato
21. Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix) — Nero
22. Gold on the Ceiling — The Black Keys
23. Flute Dreams — Relaxation